GitLab can be installed via various ways. Check the installation methods for an overview.
Before installing GitLab, make sure to check the requirements documentation which includes useful information on the supported Operating Systems as well as the hardware requirements.
- Installation using the Omnibus packages - Install GitLab using our official deb/rpm repositories. This is the recommended way.
- Installation from source - Install GitLab from source. Useful for unsupported systems like *BSD. For an overview of the directory structure, read the structure documentation.
- Docker - Install GitLab using Docker.
- Installation on Google Cloud Platform - Install GitLab on Google Cloud Platform using our official image.
- Installing in Kubernetes - Install GitLab into a Kubernetes Cluster using our official Helm Chart Repository.
- Testing only! DigitalOcean and Docker Machine - Quickly test any version of GitLab on DigitalOcean using Docker Machine.
While the recommended database is PostgreSQL, we provide information to install GitLab using MySQL. Check the MySQL documentation for more information.